Sarah L.P. King a British citizen, moved to the Bahamas in 1996 directly after being called to the Bar of England & Wales. Commencing her career in private practice, Sarah spent a few years as In-house Counsel to two leading international private banks in their trust department, before moving back to private practice in 1999. At that time Sarah began her focus on the practice areas of Conveyancing and Estate matters; Wills and Probate & Administration.
Sarah joined Paul J. King in 2004 and together they formed King & Co.
For over 20 years Sarah has focused on real estate work, covering a wide spectrum in terms of type of property transactions and location: from sales of Islands (known as Cays) and high-end residential ; to land subdivision and residential community development (taking the latter through all stages from requisite approvals to resulting sales) through-out New Providence and many of its surrounding Islands.
Sarah has garnered a reputation for being highly responsive, legally thorough and on-time in her delivery, resulting in a strong referral based practice from the leading real estate agents and lending institutions for related mortgage work.
Further, Sarah is experienced in company formation and administration and Immigration requirements particularly connected to real estate ownership.
Sarah’s other main area of practice comprises Wills and Probate & Administration for both Bahamians and non-Bahamians with assets in the Bahamas. Sarah is a member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP), Bahamas Branch and has been since its founding year in 1996 and has handled Bahamas based real and personal asset administration for foreign estates from a large, and ever increasing, number of jurisdictions.
- Real Estate: residential & commercial conveyancing, residential subdivision & condominium development and mortgage related work and assistance with all related Bahamas Government approvals and procedures.
- Corporate services.
- Immigration and Residency related to real estate ownership.
- Wills Probate and Estate Administration.
Education and Qualifications:
- Southampton University, England (LLB, Hons)
- University of the West of England (Bar Vocational Course)
- The Bar of England & Wales
- Middle Temple Inns of Court, London
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Hobbies & Interests:
Enjoying the year-round beach lifestyle of the beautiful Bahamas and historical, cultural and nature travel.